Happy New Year Friends!
I want to apologize for my sporadic posts the last couple of weeks. I have some exciting life changes taking place over the next two months and may not be available to write as regularly as I have in the past. I promise to try my darndest to keep up with my blog. The BB Creative should return to its regular schedule by the end of February!
2011 was a fabulous year for me. It truly has been the most enjoyable year I’ve had in a very long time. Thank you to all my friends and family for making 2011 so spectacular. I’m looking forward to an even bigger, better, and brighter 2012!
Here are my top 11 most memorable moments from 2011 (in chronological order).
1. Portlandia: Last April I went to Portland with my dear friend over the Easter break to celebrate my birthday. We visited the iconic Powell’s Bookstore, Kenny and Zuke’s Delicatessen, Grüner, The Museum of Contemporary Craft, and Cargo. It was a short but very sweet trip. Did I mention there is no sales tax in Portland?
2. Wicked: I LOVE musicals. Last June I had a front row seat to see Wicked and it was ah-mazing. I really need make theatre and musicals a bigger priority in my life.
3. 1920s Bachelorette Party: With the help of some fabulous ladies I planned a roaring 1920s party to celebrate my girlfriend’s last night as a single lady.
4. Vanessa’s wedding: Anyone who regularly reads my blog will know how much I enjoyed being my beautiful friend’s maid of honour.
5. Grouse Grind: I conquered the grueling 2.9-kilometre hike up the face of Grouse Mountainin in under an hour this summer.
6. Wine Wednesday: Every Wednesday my kind friend cooks me a wonderful meal that we enjoy with a bottle of wine as we discuss life’s stresses and joys. It is often the highlight of my week.
8. Meeting Design Sponge’s Grace Bonnie: I got all dolled up to meet the famous blogger, and now book author, at the Design*Sponge at Home book signing event at Anthropologie in Vancouver.
9. Halloween Costumes: I haven’t dressed up for Halloween in years. This year I dressed up as a doll with purple hair. It was fun!
10. Turducken: I attended the most epic potluck/turducken party for American Thanksgiving. Yes – I ate a chicken, stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a turkey. As one of the guests said, it truly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
11. Crafty Ladies Christmas Party: I love my crafty ladies and we had a fabulous holiday party this year. We ate too much cheese, drank too much wine, and watched fabulous music videos from the 90s.
Thanks for a fabulous year!