I’m still daydreaming about my trip to Portland. It was a lovely trip. I have to confess Whitney and I planned most our trip around food. There is so much good food in Portland we wanted to make sure we hit up all the local’s favourite spots. I highly recommend everywhere we ate.
Enjoy the eye-candy! The food was delish.
On my birthday Whitney spoiled me and treated me to dinner, dessert, and drinks (thanks Whitney!). I know I am not a food critic and that I cannot adequately describe our meals, so I’m just going to share with you what we ate and where! Enjoy the photos of our feast!
- Grüner: grilled golden trout, sorrel cream sauce, egg mimosa, chives, dill, sauteed radishes
- Grüner: grilled quail stuffed with spicy duck sausage, served with sauteed greens, caramelized turnips and a creamy potato gratin with gruyère
- Grüner: a selection of alpine cheese, toasted walnuts, apples, muesli cracker, rhubarb-elderflower jam
- Cylde Common: Buffalo Trace bourbon ice cream ‘baked alaska’, chocolate mousse, pecan praline (this was my birthday cake! yum!)
- Cylde Common: banana pudding trifle, burnt meringue, peanut butter sandwich cookie
- Vertable Quandary: Brioche French toast
- Vertable Quandary: Eggs benedict on alonso’s house made English muffin
- Kenny and Zuke’s Delicatessen: Pastrami on rye
- Local wine: Willamette Valley riesling
- Another plug for the Portland Saturday Market
- A ‘small’ ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters – I am a tea drinker but enjoyed drinking Stumptown Coffee all weekend (lattes of course, I couldn’t handle regular coffee)
ps: Grüner, which means “greener” in German