My friend Whitney and I went to Portland for the Easter long weekend. I had pretty high expectations for Portland and must say I fell in love with this gorgeous city. I had a wonderful trip and would like to share some of my fabulous finds with you. I promise to post my favourite Portland eats and sights soon!
1. I found my bridesmaid dress! Hooray! Blue cecilia dress from J. Crew. It’s perfect.
2. Teacup bracelet from Anthropologie. A great impulse purchase.
3. Bridesmaid shoes. Simple peep toe wedges from Nine West.
4. I stumbled upon Handmade Weddings at the amazing Powell’s Books. A happy and accidental find. I’ve been obsessed with this book.
5. I found some great vintage keys from Cargo, an importer of hand picked antiques and artifacts. Cargo’s façade is covered with hundreds of Chinese lanterns and multicolored flags and the shop’s two stories are packed floor to ceiling with amazing furniture, antiques, jewelry, and knick-knacks. It’s a pretty extraordinary store, I certainly haven’t seen anything like it before.
6. Powell’s Books: one of the biggest independent bookstores in the world housing over a million new, used, and rare titles. A definite must-visit.
7. I found some fantastic earrings and rings made out of spoons at Spoonman Creations. A great find at the Saturday Market.
8. Portland Saturday Market: they are not lying when they say this is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in America. I couldn’t get over how big it was! Lots of fun. Love the laid back, hippie, 1990s vibe.
9. Oblation Papers and Press: this press represents all the best things Portland has to offer. Beautifully designed stationary made in a sustainable way. Oblation Papers and Press use 100% cotton, acid-free paper recovered from the garment industry. They print their cards with soy ink and power their business with sustainable wind energy. Amazing!
Portland is so lovely! I would go back to visit in a heartbeat.