I am going to Portland for a short (but very sweet) vacation. My friend Megan sent me a fantastic list of things to see and do in Portland. Megan has fabulous taste and I must do everything she recommends.
I’m so excited. Feel free to add must see and do items to this list!
1. Powell’s City of Books: the largest used and new bookstore in the world.
2. Kenny and Zuke’s Delicatessen …there are delis, and then there are delis.
3. Ace Hotel’s Stumptown cafe
4. Grüner: a fabulous artisanal restaurant. Megan says it was recommended in GQ (#5 Best New Restaurant In America) and totally delivered. And I love Grüner’s website!
5. Legendary brunch at Simpatica
6. Beast: an intense restaurant that offers a six-course prix-fixe dinner and a four-course prix-fixe brunch.
7. Happy hour in the Pearl District!
8. Tax free shopping at Nordstrom, J. Crew, and Anthropologie (hello bridesmaid dress!)
9. The Museum of Contemporary Craft
10. Nob Hill: a cute community nestled in the heart of historic Northwest
Portland love continues with the fabulous show Portlandia! I cannot wait!