I’ve been feeling very nostalgic lately. I think that it’s a common feeling around Christmas and New Years, reflecting on the past and looking forward to the future.
When I went home for the holidays I spent some time looking at the artwork I created throughout my childhood that my parents have displayed in their home. One of my favourite pieces is my first, and only, oil painting, which is hung in their stairwell. I remember getting this paint by number for Christmas when I was in grade five or six. I was so proud of myself when I finished it, and my parents framed it, and hung it on the wall.
I know that paint by numbers will never be high art, but I still love them. Every little girl (and boy) should get a paint by number for Christmas.
I am not the only one who enjoys paint by number. Check out these great links:
- Etsy Schmetsy: Paint my numbers by The Experts Agree
- Vintage paint by number gratitude journal by prettyswank
- Paint by number wrapping paper by Something’s Hiding in Here
- Clutch with paint by number fabric by ruby-jo
- Paint-by-number hex symbol coasters by Design Sponge