Can you believe it’s already June 17? There are only two and a half months left of summer! I have so many projects to start, parties to plan, and events to attend before the end of August arrives.
I am a very organized person and am a huge fan of goal setting and to-do lists. Soooo here is my Saskatoon summer to-do list full of fun summertime goals!
- Start and finish a painting. I bought a 20”x40” canvas yesterday. This summer I will complete my first large acrylic painting since my first year of university!
– Read at least three books. Sometimes I am so exhausted at the end of the day it is much easier to watch television or mindlessly surf the interwebs than read a book. I want to spend as much time as possible reading this summer (preferably outside in the sunshine at the beach or park). Any good book suggestions out there?
– Organize a potluck. After living in Saskatoon for nearly five months I have accumulated enough furniture to have more than one person over at a time. Par-tay!
– Play bocce ball. I have a bocce ball set that has only been used a handful of times. It needs to be used more often.
– Go stargazing. Vancouver was terrible for stargazing. I can’t wait to spend an evening outside with a quilt looking up at the stars and dreaming about the future.
– Organize a photo shoot. I promised my friend Elysse that I would organize a photo shoot with her when I moved back to Saskatoon. This needs to happen soon!
– Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan. I loved Bard on the Beach in Vancouver. I can’t wait to check out the Saskatoon equivalent.
– Check out Saskatoon’s best summer festivals: Saskatchewan Jazz Festival, Wake Ride, A Taste of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon Folk Fest and fireworks! I just realized that I’m not here for the Finge Festival, which makes me a little sad.
– Visit the Mendel Art Gallery. I seriously can’t believe I haven’t been to this gallery yet, it is only a few blocks away from where I live. Shame on me.
– Plan a crafternoon for my Saskatoon girlfriends! I haven’t had a crafting party since my birthday. I hope to have a crafternoon sometime in July. Ideas include: Cake Stands from Table Legs, Colour Blocked Coasters, Fish Scale Pendant Lamp, and Hemp Hoop Earrings.
Phew! On top of that long to-do list I am visiting friends in Vancouver and planning a vacation to Montreal and NYC! I’m looking forward to an amazing first summer in Saskatoon and a fabulous vacation exploring some of the best cities eastern Canada and America have to offer.
There is a lot of text in this post so here is a cool video for some visual stimulation:
ps – please don’t judge me too much for creating a summertime to-do list!